"water drop song" the snare on R&B music

F

french guy

if you listen to R&B songs nowadays, you can heard the water drop song ....
it's like a snare, but it's a water drop song.....
R kelly does use it a lot....on his production

i want to use the same....

can you please indicate me....
if there is a preset on Motif, emu,roland or korg...???!!!!

I have the trion classic, but i don't find this song....

can somebody please help me....to find the r kelly's secret...??!!!

thanks...

looking for that drop too...anyone have a link to an aiff or waw file?

there is a member on this forum who is very polite
he helped me and explained me the story of this sound...

look

"
(Wals Kronkite
Dat Kid

FOR THE RECORD= the r. kelly water droplet is NOT from any synthesizer nor sound cd...the r. kelly water droplet was in FACT created using a sampler within the house of r. kelly by his basement sink with what...the sound of water dropping in2 the sink

It was explained in an article kels had in Rolling Stone...according 2 him he's got thousands of nature sounds from around the house and area that were recorded, many of which were used within trapped in the closet including the driving car and doors shutting...so if you want some real nice sounds by a sampler and go crazy round the house"

-----------------------------------

french guy said:
...according 2 him he's got thousands of nature sounds from around the house and area that were recorded, many of which were used within trapped in the closet including the driving car and doors shutting...so if you want some real nice sounds by a sampler and go crazy round the house"

-----------------------------------

i could've taken this in the wrong direction..but the r.kelly piss jokes have become redundant...by the way the first person i heard using those "drops" over n over is nokio or whatever his name was from dru hill. that big album they had b4 they fell off the face of the planet...they had quite a few..his production was actually kinda tight..i wonder what happened to him.

kellz is lying then
that damn sound was around before he even used it.

probally came off a sample cd.

"the show the after the party" 1995 jodeci lp

you can heard the water drop song...

it means, the technik of using this sound exist since a long time...(it's not a preset...????!!)

r kelly has remplaced the snare by this sound. that's the difference...the particularity...that's why it is considered like a r kelly's sound...??!!

he didnt day he created it just that his version is a organic sample
he created using his sink ...jeru the damaja has used it .112
etc ..most drum sounds are not found in keyboards they are sampled
from organic sounds

Back