using up my one "How do I make this" thread (Very tight snare line)

Yumid

Usually I hate threads like this but I gotta ask. Should be a pretty simple one though, how would you program a very tight/realistic snare line like this starting at 47 seconds? I realize this one was 'probably' recorded live but there is still a way to program it digitally regardless.

Please be detailed if you do explain it, i understand the general theory behind it. Its just a bunch of really tight flams, like any drum roll is. But how specifically would YOU program it to match how nice and real this one sounds? As far as humanizing it/effects/duration of the notes and how you layer the flams/ everything.

Also, could someone tell me how to embed a youtube video so i just know how to do it already?! haha..gonna take a stab at doing it under this as well as the above link, be prepared to see a fail link (probably)

VOILA, did it work? Doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the fail is because you copied yts html to embed whereas we only allow you to post bbcode

you post videos by using the video tagset instead of url tagset

like so

[MEDIA=youtube]oN4oZtRKlPA[/MEDIA]

which then renders as

ps there is a sticky in few places about how to do this

also note that sometimes copying the url at the top of your browser does not work resulting in playback errors (especially true of https links) so you need to copy the url from within the video frame as it is playing

now to your real problem

this is military/marching band drumming on a single snare

you will need to investigate rudiments Rudiments

most often used rudiment seems to be the ruff on the first of every 12 triplet 8th note runs (it could be in 12/8, but seems to be 4/4).

additionally you should find yourself a sample set that includes both the left and right hand hits on the same drum

Back