using sinewave on sidechain for kick

Whats up FP. This is my first post & ima open up with a question...

When triggering a sinewave with your kick on a sidechain (namely in PROTOOLS)....does anyone actually make thier bassline by using appropriate sinewave freqencies that match the notes in your melody for a bassline.

For example:
Setting the sinewave frequency at frequency equivalent to a "G" (but at sub frequency obviously) and somehow switching to frequency equivalent to the key your melody progresses in.....

I know Ive heard this but I was curious if it could be done very easily with a sidechain and sinewave generator......would you use automation to switch the sinewave generator?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on the topic....

Hmmmm... I haven't tried this, but in theory, it should work.

When you open the sinewave plug, click on the "auto" button at the top. This will allow you to add parameters of the plugin to the automation track view. Add the note parameter. Now, just like you would automate audio track levels for instance, you should be able to automate which note is generated at any given place on the track. If the melody is simple enough, this shouldn't be too much of a pain.

Do you not have a patch on a keyboard or rack instrument with an appropriate sinewave? I think it would be much easier to play or sequence the bass notes.

Back