Using Acapellas - Demos

JC Biffro

Yo,

So I'm after some opinions on the use of Acapellas and how you guys use them. I think I'm at the point where I find it difficult to stay interested in a instrumental for too long. I suppose it doesn't help that I make hip-hop music as it tends to be more repetitive than other genres.

Personally, I think it's easier to determine whether or not what you've got could be a 'hit' when you can actually hear someone else over it. The only downside I find it that using acapellas stripped from other beats can muddy up mine.

Does anyone else have trouble getting 'excited' about their beat until they have someone spitting over it? I find it easier to demonstrate to friends as well.

Last edited:
Sometimes, its interesting to see when you make a track that is kind of just alright to you and then someone raps over it and it sounds way better than the beats of yours you loved lol.

If I were you I'd try to get a collab going here in the forums, maybe find someone who is willing to rap over a couple of your beats or something, get a rough recording from them and then see if it works. Maybe even Skype with someone if they're not able to record.
Some of the stuff that I've done has been improved immensely once someone puts their flow and/or melodies over it, you don't really know until you try it. You could probably even improve your beat and make it work better with vocals on it as well.

Back