Unison on a mono speaker

Simplex1z

So I have this bass patch that has unison on it (2 voices in total for stereo spread). It sounds fine on a set of speakers and headphones, but sounds poor on a phone speaker or any other mono speaker as a result of combining both left and right channels to output the sound.
Here is an example: first part is a regular stereo sound, second part is left and right channels combined to mono (Warning: it's loud)

So my question is if there is a way to make it sound the same in mono as in stereo? And is it a big deal anyways? It could be common in other tracks for all I know.
Thanks beforehand!

I don't think there's anything you can do. Maybe some type of extremely short delay would work but I highly doubt it would sound decent at all.

I honestly don't think the mono version is too bad...

I don't think there's anything you can do. Maybe some type of extremely short delay would work but I highly doubt it would sound decent at all.

I honestly don't think the mono version is too bad...

It might not sound bad, yet it sounds different from the original which is a no-no for me.
Thanks a lot!

Try adjusting unison itself if it has any parameters. Too much highs, right (listening through average headphones)?
if that doesn't work you could apply EQ or ducking in Mid mode (not processing Side) and decrease those freq's. It may work or if not try some thing else with this mid-side mode.

Back