Typical BPM for Ballad

crunkman989

Im not really sure what the bpm is for an R & B ballad. And how many basic chord progressions are in the typical R & B ballad?

The ambience of the song, is what usually depicts whether it's R & B or not. Try higher notes for pianos. See what you come up with. Anything that sounds too happy, is good, for the hoes.

I write in as little as 40 bpm and as high as 75.I have seen as high as 90 (I guess it depends on your skills as a programmer) As far as progessions between 4-6 should be plenty.There are lots of things you could do with those ie Arpeggiate them in certain spots,staccatto,repeat only 2-4 in certain measures and use 5 and 6 for the bridge.Best to take a good progression and just play mutiple ways until you find the feel you want.

illanoiz said:
I write in as little as 40 bpm and as high as 75.I have seen as high as 90 (I guess it depends on your skills as a programmer) As far as progessions between 4-6 should be plenty.There are lots of things you could do with those ie Arpeggiate them in certain spots,staccatto,repeat only 2-4 in certain measures and use 5 and 6 for the bridge.Best to take a good progression and just play mutiple ways until you find the feel you want.

what do u mean by 4- 6 and 2-4 and u also said 5 and 6 for bridge.. what are these number for.?... we are talking about chord progression and bpm here rite.. i confused.. thanks for replying in advance.. coz i know u will
G

The 4-6 is the actual number of chords being played.I usually write in 8 bar loops.(it give it enough time that whatever you wrote in the first few bars won't sound redundant by the time it loops back around) As for as the 2-4 is concerned what you are doing is taking the few chord progession 1-4 and say using them for the verses and you might use 5-6 for transitions,pre-bridge,bridge etc.Does this help more? The intial question was how many progressions are in an average R&B song hence the numbers.

illanoiz said:
The 4-6 is the actual number of chords being played.I usually write in 8 bar loops.(it give it enough time that whatever you wrote in the first few bars won't sound redundant by the time it loops back around) As for as the 2-4 is concerned what you are doing is taking the few chord progession 1-4 and say using them for the verses and you might use 5-6 for transitions,pre-bridge,bridge etc.Does this help more? The intial question was how many progressions are in an average R&B song hence the numbers.

i now understand exacly wat u are saying.. thanks for reply.. respect

Back