Type of VST and kits to produce these type of beats? [Hip-Hop/Drill]

I dont know how to categorise these type of beats. Maybe i would just call them "happy" drill beats. I wont call it trap because trap sounds more vicious and dark. i have a playlist on soundcloud to help you understand further.

but you probably dont have the time to listen to much, so let me post 3 tracks so you can understand further what im trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listened to the first 30ish seconds of the first video.

808 snare with EQ filter. Some synth strings. You can get them in just about any plugin. Hypersonic and Nexus are popular. If you want, you can Google Roland Edirol HQ Orchestral. It's a discontinued plugin but you can find a download link for it at some places. Some great string and brass sounds. Typical 808 drums. Just Google something like Lex Luger kit or Young Chop kit.

Same for the second video. Sounds like synth strings/pluck to me. Typical 808 sounds with EQ and filters.

I think Hypersonic is discontinued, but you can download links for it on Google. I actually believe Avid bought the company that developed the Hypersonic sounds and you can now find them in Xpand if you have Pro Tools.

808 Massacre is a good VST for 808 basses. It's like $30. 808 Massacre VSTi

Nexus is popular too. And There's tons of trap specific libraries for Kontakt.

And Tone2 plugins are popular.

Thanks. for the Roland Edirol HQ Orchestral plugin, could you suggest something similar but more recent, won't work with the current system i'm using. and also, something similar to Hypersonic, but more recent.

Last edited:
if you can't get all of the above mentioned vsts at least get nexus and a young chop drum kit( you can get it for free online), omnisphere 2 is good so is sylenth but out all those at least get nexus because that's a lot of drill producers get their acoustic patches

if you can't get all of the above mentioned vsts at least get nexus and a young chop drum kit( you can get it for free online), omnisphere 2 is good so is sylenth but out all those at least get nexus because that's a lot of drill producers get their acoustic patches

Korg M1 is also just as good. You can also go hardware with a Triton or Kronos. There's no one or two VST instruments that hip hop producers use. Nexus is played out as ****, but if you want to sound like every body else. There's unlimited sound banks you can dig through for Sylenth1 and it's a very easy synth to learn.

Back