Type of snyth effect on.. JT - my love

A

Alb-D

Im trying to create a sound like this..(the jagged, stuttering sound) what type of effect is used on this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alb-D said:
Im trying to create a sound like this..(the jagged, stuttering sound) what type of effect is used on this song.

I'm not sure but layer some synths with saw waves. Saw waves are for that jagged sound.

It sounds like the original synth is ran through an Arpegiattor. If not that it sounds like the synth has a "Gated" effect thats found in some synthesizers. Play around with the Arpergiattor settings on a synth, this should give a similar effect. Or find a synth that allows you to gate the sounds coming out of it. Hope this helps

to be honest it really is his keyboard skills just playing it repeatedly in a specific pattern because i have done a beat where i had done that but mines was at an slower tempo

Just up the tempo then duh. There is this effect when u use Gate, and appr. and osc effects, just error and trial method.

its just a euro sounding synth.... they have one in FL6 in sytrus... maybe the one called gold wav or gold saw.. something like that....

Not lot. The synth itself sounds pretty basic, not a lot of modulation going on, just some slightly detunes saws. The gate effect makes it move.

Back