TUTORIAL: Learning Scales & Chords

While at Berklee, I've been studying so many scales, chords, chord scales, etc. BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I must say... After a few months, my knowledge on my instrument (Guitar) has improved greatly as when I'm songwriting I'm hearing new things I wouldn't have a few months ago.

My chord progressions are syncing with my melodies better and catchier, and I never have to wonder if the range of my melody is too high/low.

I think it's good to spend at least a little while learning the language of music and all the modes, etc. It'll only make you better.
Don't need to dig in too deep though.

Really great thread! Thanks for the list of different chord spellings :) time to get creative

Thank You Very Much 4 This..I Am A new Worker In Fl Studio .. I Uselly made tracks remix...4 That i Need to Detect home Chord or Bass Chord of the Song To make a Better circling / Progression.. ..Still I am in Confusion..i Didn,t understand Any Thing..My Confusing is How Can i Detect home/Bass Chords Of a Song By using THis Thoury ??? .....Help Needed..

Last edited:
Useful stuff here, thank you. Will be back here every time I need to rehash on music theory (happens often lol)

thank you very much!
as i am self educated all the way in playing drums, guitar and bass this helped me a lot!

good lookin homie, I myself am learning music theory on my own, I can't afford any schooling, and I don't have family or friends whos in the industry or who even knows this stuff. But this is good shit homie

Epic

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, I feel like I actually have a grasp in this stuff now! And to the OP, that's the simplest chart and explanation I've ever heard. Brilliant.

Thank you to everyone who contributed.

I bookmarked this thread and definitely have some studying to do so I can make this a permanent fixture in my memory.

Back