Turning beats into real songs

L

LionL

Hi, I'm really new to making music, but I'd like to know how ya'll do when you make like the instruments to a song.
I can make the beat, I mean the drums and so on, but you gotta have something like a piano or guitar to make the beat become a song, you get me? This is what I need help with,
and I want to make the song come out a hiphop song. I use FL Studio and Cubase SE3.

Well that's hard to talk about music creation. Every producer make it in different ways and u gotta develope your own.
If u say u got beats but u can't create a melody then try just sing something in your head till it becames something like a melody then draw this in sequencer. Listen to how it sounds with your beat, quantize it if it needs and get the midi file with a melody. Further u can play this melody using different instruments - piano, guitar, string whatever. Then make a bassline using the same melody, but playing only the root keys of its chords.
I can advice u one thing: don't stop if u dont like the melody, all the same finish the song - create a bassline, add another instruments etc... I think that's good start point in making music, doing all these things will help u figure out the whole process of creating a SONG, not just a beat or melody. Just dont give up, always improve your skills.

Thank you!
I also wonder how you make a good bassline that dont interrupt too much with the song.

just don't make it too loud,.

And try using just sinus waveform(maybe wit something else layered) basses

Theres something called a "Replay" where u replay a beat as in mainstream beats doing so u get to learn why sounds do wut they do and u get familiar with the moods of songs try it out

Last edited:
Dr. G said:
just don't make it too loud,.

And try using just sinus waveform(maybe wit something else layered) basses

sinus waveforms? good luck finding those....

anyway, what i always tell people, is try to find someone to work with who works differently than you. when you collab with people like that, its often productive, cuz you can bounce stuff back and forth...

also, learn to play the piano...

peace.

if u cant play any instruments, like me, but im lucky enough to have some guys that can so i get the melody in my head as said b4, then they play that on guitars or piano.
but if u cant do that, try looking for sample of guitars, piano, strings, etc. and put them with ur basslines.
it aint the most orionaly but its a start and u can get used to creatin the melodies for u tracks that way. its how i started.

But u gota learn or get someone to help play instruments. It opens up the possiblities (which are endless) when it comes to makin music.

Good Luck

Lil Loco

Back