Trying to create a certain type of sound...

aceover9

On youtube there is a song you can find if you type "Maison Ikkoku Bridge 11 ostMaison Ikkoku Bridge 11 ost." I'd post a link but I can't yet (not enough forum posts).

You can kind of hear an example of it there. I don't want the actual bell hits. More the chord like sounds that play behind them at the beginning. Almost sound like an organ with some zany effects. They COULD just be the echoes from the bells but either way that's what I'm trying to go for. Can anyone give me a good starting point or point me to something? Thanks.

Also, the main synth sound in Memories by Michale Casette (Original Mix). Also findable on you tube. How would one go about creating a sound like that? Could I use, like, a 3x Osc or something?

Thanks in advance.

on the link use the poormans youtube link watch?v=then-the-video-id

rather you gave me the link you are listening to to avoid any confusion.....

Awesome. Thanks for the response.

Here's the poor mans link for the first one...

/watch?v=-z4dsWNlVfA

And here's the one for the Michael Casette song referenced...

/watch?v=ZMItpjjDGXY

That one has a synth that sounds like it flanges constantly through the song. I can figure out how to get the flanging effect down in a later request as I am a little more ahead on figuring that out. But man is it a nice sound. Sounds exactly like what I had conceptualized for the song I'm trying to make.

Thanks again for the assistance.

And no worries about hijacking the thread.

^^ He'll get you going in the direction you wanna go lol. How's it goin bc? not to jack the thread lol

still a bit ill - that thing that hit me at new years is just lingering and lingering but otherwise getting on with ti and answering everything I can

still a bit ill - that thing that hit me at new years is just lingering and lingering but otherwise getting on with ti and answering everything I can

You'll knock it out, Im sure! Haven't been on here for a while hah wanted to say whats up. You do a lot for people here.

So I've messed with some oscillators. Don't know if that's the route to go but I can't seem to achieve a sound near either example. Especially the second one. Seems like the sounds I end up with are always very dry and thin.

This is an FM style electric piano with notes sounding two octaves below the chimy parts - so you have at least four operators, and are using something like 4 driving 3 driving 2 mixed with 1. The 4-3-2 chain is creating the chimy sounds up high and the 1 is creating the low pitch sounds.

The opening synth is a sawtooth wave form that is passed through a filter that is gradually opened over time so that the sound gets brighter.

The main synth that enters and sounds like a rubber band can be created in a number of different ways.

FM synthesis is one way and you would probably look for stock patches as this is a sound found on both the FB01 and TX81Z.

Analogue synthesis where you use a sawtooth, tight adsr and a filter where the resonance is higher than the cutoff freq...

Wow. Thanks for the detailed breakdown. I'm still not educated enough to grasp all of that up front but I will do all of the research I can to learn as much as I can before I ask any more questions. I don't want to have you explaining simple things from scratch that I can easily look up on the internet.

Thanks so much for the input. I'll post again with more questions.

Back