triumphant music

xtrordinare

ok, so im working on trying to make more triumphant, victory type music, but im not too sure what kind of instrumentation is needed, im sure its more on the side of orchestral sounds but id still like to get your opinion, any advice would be appreciated
thanks

^^ cosign ! im no musical expert or anything but when i think triumphant music, i think trumpets, and lots of strings like you stated x.

Think "Rocky". Brass, Strings stuff like that. You're on the right track. Big sounds, major chords (minor chords may come across as "defeat" not "triumphant") orchestra drums (skip the 808's)

You want stac horns, possibly some underlaying choirs, church bells, possibly guitar picks.

As wierd as it sounds, you'll learn alot listening to Ja Rule's Vinni Vetti Vichie(sp). Also Rocky which has already been mentioned.

alright cool, preciate your guys opinions, one thing id like to know though, and i hate asking but how would you go about getting the same sound out of the jeezy "i luv it" strings, its more like a synth string, and i got a patch in hs2, but how would i go about adding the synth feel to it?

Listen to Madonna's "4 Minutes". Timbaland made it sound like a freaking drumline/orchestra ensemble using those thick brass sounds and high pitched trumpets.

You need a really uptempo bright sort of trumpet lead to get the victory sound. However in my experience I have found it hard to create the right sort of riff.

I think the type of brass riffs that sound better are quicker melodies with less sustained notes. But as always there are exceptions.

Back