Trap music help! Where does this noise come from?

andrewjones4

Where does flosstradamus get the scratchy/hardstyle sound from at the beginning of their song crowd control. I have heard it in other songs too but I cant think of any right now. They use it quite a lot and the origin seems to be from hardstyle. Any ideas of how to make it or does anyone know of any free sample packs I can get it from. I don't even know what to call it to search for a tutorial

What does pitch have to do with being able to play something rhytmically? Not much.

But white noise + a filter with its cutoff controlled by a square wave LFO (and maybe controlling it manually as well) would get you in the ballpark rather easily.

I'd actually just use manual automation of the cutoff freq: and whilst white noise does not have pitch - the noise through a filter can give the impression of adding more and more harmonics as the filter is opened, thus changing its perceived pitch profile (it simply gets brighter or whiter) - you can activate it with any note- use a single pitch to drive the rhythmic opening and closing of the vca

Back