Trap music (bars and tempo)

Thoro_Head

Hi!

Lets say I have made a trap beat and I think it's good musically and all that, now this is where I get frustrated, how many bars should a verse and a chorus have? My tempo right now is 126 bpm and I like doing trap beats in the 120-170 bpm range. I know how to structure a beat when making it between 60-100 bpm so that's not a problem. Now how should I structure the beat to make it sound professionally organized when making it between 120-170? Btw i'm using fl studio 11.

Freddy

I'm a little confused at the question.

You know that, theoretically, the only thing that can change from 60 bpm to 120 bpm is the note values?

If you're talking about verses, it doesn't really matter rap wise. Rap doesn't have to be 16 bars or anything.

Please clarify.

I just wanna know how many bars a trap beat should consist of when having a bpm set between 120-170 in the playlist, (patternwise) like how many patterns should be there, based on commercial trap music that's out now.
If i would have made a trap beat in 70 bpm I would make 16bars verse and 8 bar chorus.

Should i double the bars patterns in the playlist if i made the beat in 140 tempo?

Freddy

Traditionally yes. Though somebody might debate whether it was 16 or 32 bars depending on how somebody rapped on it.

You don't really have to follow any structure though. This is if you want to follow a set standard structure to the letter.

Ok we all know there is no boundaries when making a song but hes asking for a standard answer so dont give unreasonable answers. For trap beats, yes traditionally 32 bar verses and 8-16 bar chorus. Make your intro 4-8 bars then build in to chorus. Either that or just go straight from a 4 bar intro straight in to the verse. Anymore questions or help? Just ask me bro ill be more than glad to help.

Last edited:
Ok we all know there is no boundaries when making a song but hes asking for a standard answer so dont give unreasonable answers. For trap beats, yes traditionally 32 bar verses and 8-16 bar chorus. Make your intro 4-8 bars then build in to chorus. Either that or just go straight from a 4 bar intro straight in to the verse. Anymore questions or help? Just ask me bro ill be more than glad to help.

I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, but Slamming my answer and then saying the exact same thing I said is not how you go about this forum.

I told him the traditional form of trap music is either a 16 or 32 bar verse, which answered his question. There was nothing unreasonable about it.

Lmao. I got it figured out already thanks for the help both of u. @keyzonthebeat sure I'll let you know if i need some more answers bro!

Back