Toms in this song?

Osciller

In the song Both of Us (Taylor Swift & B.o.B) (I'd post a link, but I can't) ..

Are those toms, or 808s? That change in pitch?

The first ones come up at 40 seconds into the song.

And then at 43 (In a higher pitch)

Whether they are toms or 808's, how would I achieve this pitch change effect? I doubt it's hard at all, but how do you guys do it?

Yo man that's 808 kicks in my ears. Dont think its a pitch change effect really, but a kick in a sampler, playing different tones. Add a basic 808 kick in your sampler instrument and set voices to 1, and pitch it into right note.

In the song Both of Us (Taylor Swift & B.o.B) (I'd post a link, but I can't) ..

Are those toms, or 808s? That change in pitch?

808 or similar kick Pitched to match the root of the chord. taking the first chord as chord I the second chord is chord vi, in this case G- Em

Whole progression is:

G - D - Em - C for the sung portions

G - Em - G - Em - G - Em - G - D- Em - C for the rapping

808 or similar kick Pitched to match the root of the chord. taking the first chord as chord I the second chord is chord vi, in this case G- Em

Whole progression is:

G - D - Em - C for the sung portions

G - Em - G - Em - G - Em - G - D- Em - C for the rapping

Okay, I think I understand what you're getting at..

Now say I'm using FL Studio, how can I tell what pitch my 808 is in, and change it? I have a couple of ideas, but how do you guys go about it? Would I just do it in the piano roll?

Thanks for the advice.. Always great advice on here!

Okay, I think I understand what you're getting at..

Now say I'm using FL Studio, how can I tell what pitch my 808 is in, and change it? I have a couple of ideas, but how do you guys go about it? Would I just do it in the piano roll?

Thanks for the advice.. Always great advice on here!

Yes, but you need a tuner to find where your base-tone is. I think your sampler will put the original tone at C3, and you need to tune/transpose the kick into C3 for the midi notes to work correctly.
I apologize if this is badly described!

Back