tom rolls.

LoopSkywalker

i tried the search function but came up empty so i figured i'd ask. i'm guessing all you do is pitch the tom down a note for every hit? for some reason, something sounds off when i do that. i'm trying to go for that just blaze effect i guess. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Best way for tom rolls is to get a sample set of toms, have a look for some drumkit sample kits and soundfonts. and just roll thru all the samples. If you got a keyboard controller it can be easier to tap out a roll on that or mpd pads or something.
What just blaze joint are you reffering to cause it might be a bit different than a normal roll.

couple of examples:
game - church for thugs
fab - breathe
jay-z - lyrical exercise

they're all a little different, but you get the point.

but you're right, i really need to cop some pads real soon.

Yeah just get a drumkit sample set which has some toms and roll across the toms from highest sounding tom to the low tom.

If you use fruity just open up the mpc drum sampler and program it in the piano roll. There easy to program these types of rolls. If you need i can put up a screen shot of piano roll or put up a midi file to download of the simple roll.

i'm unfamiliar with the mpc drum sampler. i didn't know fruity loops had that function. i know how to porgram hi hat and snare rolls in piano roll but i still can't get the toms to sound like i want them to. but yea, can you post up a screen shot and a midi file. i appreciate it man.

Here is a fruity zip file. Oh yeah its called the fruity FPC sorry. just unzip and it will load up, i put some kick and snare aswell to put it more in context.
Just play with velocitys on the hits to vary up the fel of the roll.

this place wont let me post a link to any file sharing sites so i will have to email the address to you, the file is small so i can send u the file on email, just PM me.

Last edited:
Back