tips on making trap?

charlie morgan

I really want to make trap music but don't no were to start
does anybody have any tips on how to create this genre?
thankyou

The sounds are basic and repetitive ... start with good sample-packs for drums n percussion !
Everybody uses the vengeance samples in that genre - i think:

Vengeance Dubstep essentials
Vengeance Trap Essentials

if u want to try some quality free samples, take the aryay Sample kits (1 and 2)

both are free, and i think he used vengeance samples and processed them... so u have a good start.

Boi1da sample-packs are free, too - some quality drums in it!!! check it out

Then... just take a basic beat u like in your arrangement and start to copy. U will learn from that and recognize that the basic sounds.... always stay the same.

Cheap and nice Plugins:

ValhallaRoom
Vallnahlla Vintage Verb
Saucage Fattener
Camelcrusher

more Expensive but sick:

Izotope Trash2

Hope i could help u.

Last edited:
The sounds are basic and repetitive ... start with good sample-packs for drums n percussion !
Everybody uses the vengeance samples in that genre - i think:

Vengeance Dubstep essentials
Vengeance Trap Essentials

if u want to try some quality free samples, take the aryay Sample kits (1 and 2)

both are free, and i think he used vengeance samples and processed them... so u have a good start.

Boi1da sample-packs are free, too - some quality drums in it!!! check it out

Then... just take a basic beat u like in your arrangement and start to copy. U will learn from that and recognize that the basic sounds.... always stay the same.

Cheap and nice Plugins:

ValhallaRoom
Vallnahlla Vintage Verb
Saucage Fattener
Camelcrusher

more Expensive but sick:

Izotope Trash2

Hope i could help u.

Thank you this has helped me alot?

Find a good Amen break lol... Also make sure you got good reverb skills. The only thing I saw as a real difference was in the 808 patterns and the melodies. EDM trap is bouncier and the rap stuff is ultra dark unless you're talking about a Mustard beat.

Don't do random stuff with your hats and perc... think that stuff through, cause they can add mad vibe to your tune or kill it.

Also you need to look into drum processing. I've been listening to dudes like Salva and Brenmar and they have hard knocking kicks and super crispy sounding snares.

I know that was kinda vague, but you could ask specific questions on what you wanna know and you'll get help

Back