Three Mafia Strings on Side 2 Side

P

Pimptype2K6

Does anyone know the strings used on Three Six Mafia's Side 2 Side? Is there any kind of Reason patch that needs to be tweaked or some kind a Reason refill that has the same strings as the ones on "Side 2 Side"?

Jnoobiam, man, I've tried Reason 3.0's Orkester bank /VCSs Marc and VCS Marc patches, but I'm really skeptical cause they don't sound like
the strings from 3 6 Mafia's side 2 side, but sound close enough.

I think I'm gonna try tweaking the malstrom string or try another nn-xt patch.

To me the strings sound like the full strings spiccato patch on the edirol orchestral. I know its not but it sounds the same to me.

i heard the strings r chopped up and sampled from a movie score..i dunt kno which one but if i find out ill post

Nev19, I was wondering were they chopped up because when I tried playing the keys, it sounded like a note was missing. I might just upload my version on www.hi-pweredprod.com, so you guys can just listen to
how I put it down.

Btownpro, when I tried to click on your link to checkout your version of 3 6 Mafia's "Side 2 Side", I had got a runtime/server error. Btownpro, it must be
a Fruity Loops project file. I don't have Fruity Loops install on my computer.If that's the case, can you convert it to mp3 and
stream it, so I can check it out?

Last edited by a moderator:
B-town, it sounds a lot like it.

Hey, guys, if they did use samples from a movie for their strings, they didn't give the sample credits for it. I have Three Six's latest album.
The Side 2 Side on my album doesn't have Bow Wezy on it. Crunky
Black is my Side 2 Side.

btown this was pretty dope
but i wasn't really feelin the drums doh

Pimptype2K6 said:
B-town, it sounds a lot like it.

Hey, guys, if they did use samples from a movie for their strings, they didn't give the sample credits for it. I have Three Six's latest album.
The Side 2 Side on my album doesn't have Bow Wezy on it. Crunky
Black is my Side 2 Side.

Yeah they wouldnt give credit to sampled movie strings.

That's what sampling is all about baby :D

B-town your strings sound better than mine. What's your strings called on Fruity Loops? I'm assuming that you did use Fruity Loops

It is a sample, I would go check it out at warbeats.com and download the Side 2 Side remake if you want that sound, it comes with it.

Hey, guys, you can checkout my version of 3 6's "Side 2 Side" at www.hi-pweredprod.com and give your feedback about the track. When on my site,
press stop on my background music and scroll down a little and look to the right. I only produced all the way up to Project Pat's verse.

Back