are there limits to a producers versitlity and can they be overcomed.

dmajor100

I guess you can say im kinda speaking of.myself but sure there are tons of producers that are the same. Lately ive been into making sampled beats and have brought together alot of great stuff and of course lot thats not so great but this is getting boring. Before the sampling I tried purely hardware workstations and duplicate what was popular and still try to do yet I find this much mor difficult. Sometimes I would sit at the keyboard for hrs fustrated I have not came up with anything I liked and alot of the times almost given up. Now much older and like I said my sampling is improving but im studying theory and chords and know most by memory now but yet everything I play sound either simlilar or I cant have a idea. I dont know how there are people thay hear music amd can automatically play it and make a major hit. I really wonder if pete rock or supreme can maker the next best dance tracks or if dr dre create a Dub step smash. Sure this thread will go for a while

Soooo.. you're questioning your own versatility, which you already answered, & now you're challenging Pete Rock & Dre? Is that what's goin on here? Lol. First off, it's your mindset. Period. Nothin else before that. I started off sampling before I got into all this theory. I can do either one. I don't have to question my ability or I wouldn't be able to. If you really knew theory & chords you would have numerous ideas. Memory doesn't mean anything if you only know a few progressions in one key at that. Can you play each progression you know in all 12 keys? Do you know realize how the major scales relate to the minor? You can arpeggiate chords for days. I'm tired of seein all this depressin ass BS on FP.. Just have fun nigga. Mfs limited theyselves N sh!t. Lol actin like bichs. Whether Dre can make a DubStep smash or not has nothin ta do w/ your lack of skill/motivation/confidence ta do so....

The only limitation to what a producer/composer can do is their imagination and their willingness to learn/research new areas; period.

Everything else is just commentary.........​

hold up now if it bothers you you shouldnt be on this thing cause these fourms are for all kinds of discussion wether there of my own experiences or others peoples that have nothing to do with me. And this is just not about my own limitations its about othere producers how have really never left there comfort zone or who have yet to find theres. I read other ppls fourms with respect and offer good advice and offer to help any way i can to move them along faster than any one ever helped me. So if you tiered of hearing it get the F:mad:# out

^ Brah, I get where you're coming from. We all feel uninspired sometimes, we all question our limits and so on and so forth.

But you're playing yourself but letting yourself fall into that mindset. you can do whatever the **** you want. the great thing ABOUT production is that you're not necessarily tied into anything, you can pretty much go do your own thing and follow up on whatever ideas you have, if you have the drive to actually go out and research what you wanna do and learn what you need to learn.

also, **** the "best" dance track or the new hit or whatever. pete rock and dre didn't get where they are by pandering. dre has been not releasing an album that all logic dictates has probably been amazing for a long ass time, he clearly doesn't care that much about that stuff.

p.s. you might wanna try and actually take to heart the words of dudes who definitely know better than you (not talking about myself.) I don't mean to be a dick, but c'mon son.

Back