Tempo Problem

Merthurian

I've been recording music for a couple of years now, and this is the first time i've come across this problem ..

I've got an idea for an instrumental track .. I can play the whole thing on my guitar, but when i get down to actually recording it, i found that the tempo needs to change at certain points, i know how to change the tempo track (i'm using cubase SX) .. but it doesn't sound right at all! ..

The drums sounds terrible when the tempo changes, but if i just play the guitar track on it's own, it sounds just how i want it too! .. Plus .. I'm not a drummer in the slightest, and my drum tracks always cause me problems, but i can't figure this out! ..

If someone know's of a few little patterns that comfortably lead to a change in tempo, that would be great! .. Or any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

If you always wanted to do that, listen to Biffy Clyro! .. Forget chorus, forget verse! .. This band break all the rules! .. Each song is like a series of ideas, that make perfect sense together! ..

I'm still working on my problem .. even considering leaving drums out totally for the time being .. see where it goes from there! .. Get the track done and then layer some beats .. It's meant to be a guitar track anyway ..

Thanks for the advice :D

i think youre on the right track by forgetting the drums for now. start with what IS right, and then build on that. then youve got a 'working' part to judge the rest off of....

thats actually how i deal with using samples and acapellas that have 'rough' timing.....

i lay them over bare bones first, and get em right, then check everything else.

peace.

Back