T-Pain Kiss Kiss Synth

DJ_Mc7

What kind of synth is that? I use the Platinium Saw preset on Sytrus with some slight EQ modifications but I'm still not getting that brassy/horny feel on it.

Any thoughts?

Man, u got the wasp, dx10, sim synth live, buzz, start playin with them. Start with and tweak the brass patches. The best thing u can do for urself is get familiar with the knobs and buttons on them modules. This way, if u know what they do, u can hear a t-pain synth, hear a stock brass patch and say to urself, this needs more ring mod, or less of an attck, or a longer release. T-pain probably made that from sound startin with a factory patch and then tweaked it, who knows. Lest we forget, that song has been thru the mixing and mastering process, so the chances of u finding that sound in a factory soundbank is gonna be slim to none. Like king cole said, keep tryin. What i was do, is program the melody, then while it's playin, start scrollin thru patches until u hear something close. Then A/B ur sound with t-pain's, listen to the difference. Ask urself what diff do u hear between the 2? His is wider, add a stereo enhancer to urs. His is deeper, add an eq and boost the low end. His is more edgy sounding, turn up the ring mod on urs. Those are just examples about how to go about achieving that sound. But finding a factory patch that sounds exactly like that song is gonna be hard, cause even if u have that patch, urs will still be unmixed and unmastered. Hope that helps. I love fruity synths! I wish i could use them in Live without fruitys wacky rewire, if were as easy as Reason when it comes to rewire, i'd still use it, but rewiring FL is more trouble then it's worth. I think i'mma make it a point to tackles FL rewire and learn it inside and out like i do reason. I know it's not hard, i just neva cared enough to dig into it. Reason is so easy to rewire, u don't even notice it. Anyway, hope that helps.
LevLove

Back