Synth Chords

adam_rasta

whats up, im trying to re-create those synth chord sounds which can be heard in tracks like

In Da Club - 50 cent
Ridin - Chamillionaire
Disco Inferno - 50 also

These are the only Rap? tracks i know with these in. I Know a guy in rock band who also uses similar sounds but these tracks are more mainstream.

can anybody help, im using reason 3 and cubase sx 3 re-wired and i have a midi controller.Sorry if this thread has been done

Technically its called a orchestra hit and its usually several different instruments layered together (strings, brass, piano, ect.). But it i couldn't tell you the tecnical parts of a orchestra hit though (how many instruments, what notes each instruments play, ect.). But i would just experiment and see what you come up with.

The orchestral hit in "Ridin Dirty" can be found in East West's Colosuss, In the Club is just a keyboard string tone layered with other tones.
Disco inferno is from the Oasys Keyboard. Colosuss is a 600$ 32 gig VST/
The Oasys is a 9000$ Keyboard workstation if i am not mistaken. Unless you are packing cash or know a friend with those tools. You need to find a Hit Library. Or get Creative with Reason.

Last edited:
jeremyopio said:
The orchestral hit in "Ridin Dirty" can be found in East West's Colosuss, In the Club is just a keyboard string tone layered with other tones.
Disco inferno is from the Oasys Keyboard. Colosuss is a 600$ 32 gig VST/
The Oasys is a 9000$ Keyboard workstation if i am not mistaken. Unless you are packing cash or know a friend with those tools. You need to find a Hit Library. Or get Creative with Reason.

Thanks man, yeah ill have a look around at some hit library's. And damb that keyboard is expensive. And ill check the East West's Colosuss

Thanks for the constructive replies FP

Back