sup. im new to this forums and.....

kaloyan

I signed up to learn chopping and composing better

been flipping ish for 2 years - composing+chopping samples with VSTi's and SF2's - and I have fun, but, i am not satisfied with the final result, it ain't professional sounding and on the level i want it to be, so...

I thought that if I wannabe a beatmaker I can't go on without knowing music theory and thats the point where y'all guys appear in the scene as the Instrumental Messiah (my heroes! lol foreal)

Whatsoever, I know it's mad rookie but I'd like to ask of y 'all that learned music through the net (and there are probably many of your sort) to link me to the first music theory guides you studied and found useful

Help me improve the quality of my work, ya know, get **** rawer. I won't forget it and I'll find a way to somewhat pay you in the future. respect to those of y'all that got it

Last edited:
Yo if you compose i'd suggest you at least learn your scales...or get a book with chord charts and scales. Now if you wanna learn chords and such i think its best to learn some theory to help with some nice sounding progressions and help you choose chords.

Last edited:
Back