starting from nothing

T

Tristano

I've been spinning for a while and I'm getting comfortable with it, and I already have loads of ideas productionlike, but I cant make them true
does anyone have a suggestion on something to start producing?
even a computer program could help, since I haven't got that much money
what's the best program available?
thanx

whats true music

one time while i was talking on aol some guy told me that rap and hip hop, trance,stuff like that was not true music.i was like whateva ,music is music and either it takes talent anybody can get on a drum and scream but not anybody can make up a ryhme or keep a rythem going on a turn table.music is us and we are music,keep the feeling alive with the essence of rythem and hip hop luv cause thats what its all about

You could go many ways.... if you plan on using your turntables alot, I would suggest getting a multitrack program, or better yet, a 4 track recorder. The 4 track would allow you to build up your basic rhythm on 1 or 2 tracks, then scratch in your samples on the other tracks. If you fill your tracks up, bounce them down (make sure your levels are set b4 you do this) to free up more tracks. You could probably pick one up used, cheap. This would teach you the basic fundamentals of multitracking, then go out and spend the dough on a really good multitrack program (Nuendo I would recommend). You could then even record from your 4 track (your basic ideas), into the multitrack program, then build up more tracks on top. This would be cost effective. If your serious, and have the dough, get a MPC2000XL, and a sound module.

you could go the synth route also (although its def. not the cheapest route!)if you want to make some serious noise, i would have to say that the triton is pretty nice. i own a trinity however (no arps, similar setup to triton except triton is just a bit more bad-a**) and it is a beast to compose with, especially with the v3 v. analog. i think it would take a bit to get used to though with a t-table background (not sure, any turntable ppl do synths now?), but once you get the stuff down, composing is a dream. there are a ton of progs. you could use too. my favorites include: rebith (the sounds get old after a while though, need to learn how to make new mods), reason, Sonic Foundry Acid is a great sample looping prog., also i think the Native Instruments PRo-52 is a fun plug-in you could use, especially if you could get a midi controller (any cheap keyboard with a midi out should work).

thanks

some good thoughts here, thanks,
anyway I gotta make clear I'm not a turntablist I a dj, and I'd probably produce anything from house to drum&bass to techno to downtempo
also, what's the fuzz bout Fruityloops?
is that a good prog to work with for starters?
I heard some good and bad tgings about it, so what about it?

Back