soundfonts VS plugins

mannny596

hey fam just thought it was an interesting topic to throw out and i also wanted to ask if ne1 knew of a good FREE soundfonts website.
About the topic, well I think plug-ins are good cuz u can "build" ur own sounds but the bad thing is that it takes a lot of memory from the computer and for sum ppl its too much power for their computer to handle.

plugins definitely are better in my opinion...but some soundfonts have that rugged sound u look for sometimes...its hard to turn a clean digital sound from a plugin into a rugged 1...but it all depends...uno

ive gotten some pretty decent soundfonts through file sharing and internet, i cant think of any of the soundfont sites, i think one might be www.hammerhead.com or something like that, if anybody else remembers?
but the sf2midi has some good stuff too
as far as plugins/vsts, id say there better than soundfonts, but i still get a lot of use out of certain soundfonts

honestly it depends...something to take note of here is that although a soundfont is just a raw set of sounds in a basic patch, what you play it on makes all the difference in the world. Loading a soundfont up in kontakt or nn19xt can be absolutely mindblowing if you tweak, modify, etc. Also, on the other end of the coin, i have seen some *really* crap plugins.

=Lodger=

Back