Sound Design HowTo Wanted

eternalYouth

im looking for some 'howtos' on subtractive synthesis.. im not looking for any type of sound in particular.. i just want some new ideas.

ive searched this site and the search feature and although there are some excellent links to the idea behind certain types of synthesis *samplecrazes site for example* i have yet to find a good howto do this or howto do that type of sound tutorial..

ive read some people say look at virus' "programming analogue synths" which to me is a horrible book because its built off the presets in the virus..

is there a book or anywhere online where i can get GOOD USEFUL howto's on sub. synthesis sound design?

-justin

sound on sound's synthesis series'll tell u more than u wanna know. or i got a book on subtractive and fm synthesis. u could have it for $10. I highlighted all the important parts.

krushing said:
Thats an awesome link... it has info that is relevent whether your new or have been doing it for a while.... Absorbing information is the key to everything.... read everything you can, even if it seems irrelevent- you will need this stuff at some point or another in production. Thats a promise. Never pass up good resources, especially if they are handed to you on a silver platter!

Back