Thread: Sound Design

Thanks

Sound Design

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi
    I started making music a while back and i can't do my stuff because i always try and make a sound and fail .I tried to use plug ins like nexus but i still could not find the right sound.Can someone at least explain to me what should i do regarding this issue ?I watched lots of videos by Seamless ,Virtual Riot and others to understand the things like stereo,dynamics,phase cancellation all that stuf but i still have no idea what to do.
    Sorry if my english is bad and sorry again if this was not the right section to post this to

Thanks
    You can always try downloading new music production software<3 there are some good ones out there like LMMS that is free and similar to Fruity Loops.

Thanks
    Anyone know how I can get/make the sound from Mike Williams & Dastic - Candy? I really like it's percussive-ish feel, and if someone could tell me it's exact sound that would be great! /watch?v=qNRlv3QMgSc
    Last edited by calebwong444; 12-19-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks
    It takes time to learn sound design.

Nexus isn't a good plugin for doing sound design itself, it's just a big library of pre-made sounds. You can't make anything 100% from scratch.

For actual sound design I would have a look at the synthesizers which come with your DAW. You don't need to buy any extra plugins until you understand how they work (maybe not even then)

Thanks
    From my experience, trying to recreate specific sounds is not the way to go. However, there are basic sounds that everyone uses like a supersaw or a pluck. There are usually tutorials for those basic sounds on YouTube. Just try to be original when sound designing. I would recommend getting Serum by Xfer Records, as it is one of the most diverse plugins out there.
    Last edited by Self Denial; 12-26-2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Additional info

Thread Information