Some questions...

thr

Hi.I have some questions..
1)Does anyone know how to make a vocal sound like it's been said by 100 people at the same time?

2) I just thought of this one, I heard from someone that u can use vsts in Reason as well, if u can how?

3) I own a "JB Systems, t2 direct drive" Turntable and a behringer pro mixer DX052 Dj mixer, they are quite new, about 3 months. I have a hiss problem. everytime I asked about this they always said check the "gnd" and stuff, I'm sure everything is connected in the right place.
There is a huge hiss sound, when I'm playing.Do you guys know how can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.
thr.

1) you can try a "chorus" effect, but you'll probably get better results by having as many people as you can singing into a mic at once, then layer and pan until it's "big" enough for you.

1: Make multiple copies of your vocal, dutune them all slightly (by different amounts) and have them all out of sync perhaps in a range of 20 millisecond or so (or maby more). And like they said before mess around with chorus.

2: You can't use VST's in reason, but you can rewire reason to a VST compatible host.

oh yeah, like audiotecnicality said, get as many people as you can in on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the answers, I'll try that as soon as I get a chance.

How do you do this rewire thing?

another thing that probably is worth mentioning is that if you want to have it seem like a bunch of people, have the voices spread out over the stereo field with varying amounts of reverb.

also, if you are trying to get a phrase to sound like a bunch of people are saying it, dont just play them all at the same time- for each, cut the main parts of the vocal up and have the timing slightly different when triggering the various parts of each sample... irregularity is key.

Unison is also worth mentioning...

as well as if you have a crowd of people saying something, layer a sharp sound like a snare, bass, or sharp white noise under the phrase very lightly to the most percussive parts of the phrase to add "impact."

-Lodger

Back