some good books to look in to?? mixing/mastering /engineering

S

sTaGe FryTe

are thereany good books i should look in to picking up? i noticed quite a few i also looked in to the MIXING ENGINEERS HANDBOOK and few others.
any recommendations?

im currently using a mackie 24/8 mixing console for my tracks and as soon as my mpc gets repaired i will be sequencing on the mpc using my pc for sounds sampling in to the mpc from HYPERSONIC VSTI and i also own a emu proteus 2000
i will be running the out puts from the mpc in to the inputs on the mackie console i was looking for a book that will benefit my mixes when it comes to mixing and pre mastering anything that will touch topics on analog mixing as well as software/digital mixing consiering i also have cubase sx which i will be recording in to along with a little control surface,but i wanna focus on analog mixing with my mackie console so any books that will get in to good detail that will help me figure out some good eq'ing for my drums ,instruments,vocals,etc will help

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend the basic series by paul white. there are a few others, u should search on this site, or on google.

The Mixing Engineer's Handbook is pretty good. I have it and it helps a lot. Though I don't have the tools they use, the concepts are there.

And Mastering Audio: The Art & the Science by Bob Katz is good. It will help with your mixing and mastering.

Just realize that you don't have the tools or experience of the experts.

Check out soundonsound.com and search mixing or something similar. There are also alot of Paul White articles there too so search that as well

You gotta subscribe to the site first but its free.

"Audio Mastering - The Art and the Science" by Bob Katz is really recommended for mastering glossary, facts and tricks.

Back