software for a beginner

V

i want to make house music with samples and i have absolutely no idea how to use any of the software that is available. i dont know the terminology or anything, i just know what i'd like to hear but dont know how to go about doing it. is there any software that i could use that could teach me how to do it? i'm on a G4 mac btw.

my suggestion:

well, yeah, i'd say that you most certainly fit into the newbie category ;) dont let it get to you! I was there some 1/2 a year ago with probably the same amount of skill. first thing's first- I'd reccomend learning about the drum machine before anything else. one of the best programs for learning is free program hammerhead. it allows you to edit patterns, save, and render to wav in real time (im assuming this will work on a mac- or that there is a version availible.) after you dl, feel free to experiment and see what you can make it do- it comes with some patters that you can pick apart and analyze and hasa forum at which you can ask questions. you can get the program @ download.com

good luck
- Dj Lodger

Back