Snare from "Michael" by the Dream

killablksmi

<- Does anyone know how to re create this snare?

Sounds almost like an 808 snare but has more grittiness to it i think their has to be another timbre to use to recreate this sound other than a simple 808 snare

if any1 has this sound i would be more than happy to trade for it!!!

thank you so much in advance! :)

PS. if u reply to this post ill return the favor on one of ur posts!!

God bless

Last edited by a moderator:
at first listen it actually sounds like a real acoustic snare like you find in a marching band (detuned but still a marching snare) - the rolls are panned from right left from the listeners perspective so may seem like there is additional layers but not so

at first listen it actually sounds like a real acoustic snare like you find in a marching band (detuned but still a marching snare) - the rolls are panned from right left from the listeners perspective so may seem like there is additional layers but not so

bman uve uve replied to like 3 of my posts i really appreciate that!! im gonna try that right now & let u know how it goes!

when u say its detuned, what exactly do u mean? if i have the marching band snare how do i detune it?

in this case it sounds like the actual batter head (the top skin) has bee loosened off a bit so that it seems to flap a little when hit with the sticks

difficult to duplicate this with samples only

as for replying - I'm on break and i like to test my ears and help folks (part of being a moderator too)

Back