This snare?

Ferdows

Never heard this one tho, tried so pitch some snares up, but didnt came close? Anyone got a idea how to make this one.

Starts at 00:55-1:05

Use an arp on your snare so when you hold the note with your midi controller or draw the length of the note in piano roll it will keep playing.

First start with drawing in lower keys in the piano roll and draw them to a higher key. For the arp part you may want to automate it to the rate knob. You can do it the long way also by duplicating the same snare and having the arp trigger at a different rate for each.

Theres a few ways of doing though...some midi controllers have latch/note repeat it just depends on what your working with. Of course you can draw it in, but I doubt they done it that way.

I'm not sure if the snare pitch is even rising - there's a lowpass filter with its cutoff being automated to open up but other than that it might be the rising pitch synth in the background that's fooling your ears...

Your right Krushing. I just noticed. When I was listening it was with built in computer speakers under the screen. I'm so used to hearing bassy snares in lower pitches, but the lowpass gives it kind of the same effect. It could be done with a highpass filter too with the resonance high and the cutoff going from low to high to give it a punch sound.

Last edited:
Back