Sidechaining / Channel Routing in FL Studio

Noizemaker

How the hell does it work? Every time I route a mixer insert to a send, the mixer insert still passes audio to the master channel, making the send pretty much useless. Also the fruity limiter won't detect any of my peak controllers as sidechain inputs, so wtf is up with that?

Here's what I do to side chain.

1. I assign a peak controller to what I want to be controlling the side chain. (the kick, ect)
2. I pull up the peak controller and set the base to 20% (That way if you link it to a channel, the volume is at 80%, or the default volume)
3. Make sure you uncheck "Muted" so you can hear the kick.
4. then I go to the instrument that I need to be side chained in the step sequencer (the bass or what not)
5. Right click on the "channel volume" of the instrument and click link it to controller.
6. Under "Internal Controller" go down to your Peak Ctrl (YourChannelNameHere) PEAK+LFO
7. Click the drop down arrow right next to "Mapping formula" and choose "Inverted"
8. Hit accept.

Now all you have to do is adjust your peak controller to the settings you like and there you go. Sidechaining!

Here's what I do to side chain.

1. I assign a peak controller to what I want to be controlling the side chain. (the kick, ect)
2. I pull up the peak controller and set the base to 20% (That way if you link it to a channel, the volume is at 80%, or the default volume)
3. Make sure you uncheck "Muted" so you can hear the kick.
4. then I go to the instrument that I need to be side chained in the step sequencer (the bass or what not)
5. Right click on the "channel volume" of the instrument and click link it to controller.
6. Under "Internal Controller" go down to your Peak Ctrl (YourChannelNameHere) PEAK+LFO
7. Click the drop down arrow right next to "Mapping formula" and choose "Inverted"
8. Hit accept.

Now all you have to do is adjust your peak controller to the settings you like and there you go. Sidechaining!

This will not work because most of my instruments are routed into compressors, so turning down the volume wont necessarily lower the output, it will just mess with the compression.

Back