should you delete old wack beats?

jpixels

I have thousands of beats, some of them just plain wack and will probably never go anywhere...is it wise to delete them? or should they be kept? they are taking up quite a bit of hard drive space

find a program that will bulk convert them into 192kps mp3's. throw them all on a DVD. write a date on it and what it is. check it out 4 years from now have a beer and laugh your ass off at your former wackness

that's what i suggest anyway

oh believe me I had a great laugh with my old beats from 2007...im glad god decided to save me from my former wackness

lol never deleted a beat in my life.
You'd be surprised at your old stuff. Some of it may have good ideas that you weren't yet skilled enough to properly execute

Yea it's cool to keep some of them to look back on, but at the same time your gonna need space for your beats now. I would get rid of some of my worst of the worst, and keep the few that are kinda decent and make them better.

keep em, they might give u a idea for sum new. and its always good to see how far u have came. my laptop failed and i didn't have my stuff backed up, now i wish i cud listen to my old ****.

I agree with keepin them. I keep all of the beats I make. Even if they are the wackest **** I have heard. You want to keep them because down the line when your listening to them you might get inspired off of one and make something out of it. You might decide you like a certain part of a drum pattern, synth, etc. If you need more space, burn them to a data cd or go buy an external hard drive. You can get a whole Terabyte for around $100 which should be more than enough storage. I found one at best buy for $109 but I'm sure you could find them cheaper somewhere else.

ive deleted a few really bad ones but some projects that had good synths or ideas at the time ive kept. sometimes theyre good on days when you have no ideas and you need to get into the producing mood, maybe try a new take on an old sound

If you delete them all, at some point you'll probably regret it. The advice to bounce them all down to MP3 files and save em just so you can listen later without wasting massive amounts of hard drive space is a good one... Although it may not help you if 3 years from now you suddenly like one and want to recreate it... You won't have the building blocks any more, just the sound. Then you'd have to reconstruct it all which can be done but is also kind of tedious and time consuming. That being said, it's usually better to look ahead with your music creation than spending too much time looking back. You usually progress so quickly you won't even want to admit the stuff you made a year ago was you... Well that's my story most of the time, with only a few exceptions. For those exceptions though, I'm glad I have em in MP3.

i have thousands of beats, some of them just plain wack and will probably never go anywhere...is it wise to delete them? Or should they be kept? They are taking up quite a bit of hard drive space
im convinced todays youth cant do anything on their own. Do you all have to ask questions like this on a forum? Delete them what purpose do they serve?

lol never deleted a beat in my life.
You'd be surprised at your old stuff. Some of it may have good ideas that you weren't yet skilled enough to properly execute

Ditto. Ive gone back to some older beats that sounded wack to me but remade them and they came out dope. I could hear what i was trying to achieve but as Phoenix said did not yet have the ear and skill to translate what i heard in my head onto a track..

Noo, keep them an listin back wit a fatty an think back on the good ol days,,

Back