screwed hooks???

GoKeBe

I understand :

the hooks aren't really "chopped and screwed" they are just altered in pitch while the speed remains the same

How to use the EQ to take out the bass

I DON'T understand:

how to make it so it times perfectly and avoid things like claps and snares from the sample sounding off with my drums even when I try to match mine with the sample's

anyone help?

I don't understand your question. Are you saying you're using a sample from a song (with drums and other instrumentation in the sample), slowing it down, and trying to get it to synch with your beat?

If so, then loop the sample with the hook of your beat. Say it loops every bar, then just slow it down to half speed. Now it will loop every 2 bars. It should be on beat.

Real easy to do on software, never tried it on hardware but the same principle still applies.

typically, the vcal would be taken from a a capella, so there wouldn't be any drums or bass or anything in there.

what software/hardware are you using?

also check out my myspace, I have a chopped hook on the "thank ya getting money" song is that what you're trying to do?

www.myspace.com/thisadieselproduction

Turn the pitch down, then use an eq or filter to minimize the low end ie; a lowpass filter or on an eq, turn down the low bands, 180hz and below. As for the tempo, you should match it before alterting the sample, since your pitchshifting the tempo stays the same, if it's not on after you pitchshift it down, then it probably was'nt on before hand, so get it sync'd to tempo first, then go for the pitchshifting and eq'n/filter'n
LevLove

Last edited:
Back