a sample of what i want to do with FLSTUDIO

N

nopester

well this beat i did not make but is the sound i want to achive with FLSTUDIO i understand i need my own sound but this is just what i am trying to achive is producing something like this with FLSTUDIO i know it can be done but im just kind of stuck the song i am using is way diff so can any one just let me know how this works i dont need any one to do it for me just give me the basics thats all

www.soundclick.com/BeatAssassin

the song is the last one TOUCH ME that song thats the sound i want and not sound as in the beats but just putting the sample and then the beat over it i dont understand that so if yall can help me real quick it whould really help me

it's just a sped u vocal sample

would be relatively easy to make in FL or any production software

just;

1. find a vocal sample
2. speed it up and chop it up
3. arrange it
4. lay down drums and bass
5. done

one of them Crack City boys could make a beat like this is 5 minutes with their eyes closed

peace

no see i understand the sample part as far as putting it in sony sounbd forge or acid pro and cutting it and chopping i understand that but what i dont understand s laying the beat i dont understand that for nothing i can get a small part going but then its a wrap nothing matches or any thing like that like i cant lay the beat i have it down it just dont work like i want it to thats what i am having trouble with so peep i got the song i want to sample i cut and chop then load the samples in to FLSTUDIO then lay the beat or am i wrong i dont know a lil help here please thank you

Dude sounds like ur doing it right. I load samples in put my drums and or bass into the sequencer and i start making different patterns but i only got the demo so i can't save i write all the notes down, maybe u have a problem with the timing? Maybe u gotta **** with the speed at which each channel is playing till it blends the way u want i think this is referred to as bpm, i'm not even a novice i just started using FL Studio like 2 months ago so my terminology is slim, i make all my beats with samples whether its vocal or an instrument and i create all my drum and bass lines on the sequencer, anyays good luck hope u figure that **** out.

DUKEOFCRACK

nopester said:
no see i understand the sample part as far as putting it in sony sounbd forge or acid pro and cutting it and chopping i understand that but what i dont understand s laying the beat i dont understand that for nothing i can get a small part going but then its a wrap nothing matches or any thing like that like i cant lay the beat i have it down it just dont work like i want it to thats what i am having trouble with so peep i got the song i want to sample i cut and chop then load the samples in to FLSTUDIO then lay the beat or am i wrong i dont know a lil help here please thank you

mess with the tempo until it sounds right

hey nopester... sounds like you could use the FL Slicer... get the sample you want to use and add it in a new FL Slicer channel... then you have the freedom to chop up the sound and re-arrange it in the piano-roll...
alternatively you could put the wav into the audio sample section of the play list and chop it up there, adjust pitch and everything...
if you post the ZIP loop file or something (though im brand new here, im not sure if you are aloud to do that kinda thing, so maybe post a link to it) I could play with it a bit...
good luck either way
d-filOSfR

Ok, I like to put my thoughts in to this. Basically you neeed to find a beat slicing tool that you can work with. Find a tight vocal or loop that you want. I do the pitch the sample two was. I can do it in my sequencing software CubaSE or my beat slicing tool(####) Once I've cut it and I'm satisfied. I make it into a soundfont file. LOad it into whatever software sythn or sampler. Then I make the track. It a little more thought into it. I use my MPC sometimes. That "Touch Me" track I did in about 15 minutes. That the ruff idea version the complete version I've haven't put up on the site. Just experiment with tools and you get that **** down.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3u.m3u?id=3385515&q=hi

Last edited:
it also helps to understand how to recognize bars and beats. If you hear a sample and can't figure out how many beats or bars it is, it will be nearly impossible to track drums over it.

Back