Running out of ideas.

Keitomine

IDK if it's just the lack of time, or just no inspiration, but i've been unsatisfied with every chord progression I've come up with since I've been able to start producing again. I came up with one over the holidays, for a trance track, and right now I have what ever the equivilent of "writers Block" is for producers.

What do you guys do when you get caught up and stuck like this? I used to take refresher courses, but I'm getting rather impatient.

I take breaks for long periods of time and sound design, game and practice scales if not in mood to do a track/bump/polygroove.
I'm starting to think that comes from not learning more about music theory as far as melodic content is concerned.

I'd say the same, take a break, don't do music at all, don't practice, nothing, just listen to the best music you can find, stop being a musician for a little while, re-learn to enjoy other's music again

Also, explore your consciousness, either by yourself (like meditation, yoga and whatnot), either by aid of natural plants.

Everybody is saying take a break, but I say keep going. Sometimes you get in a little rut, but don't ever let it slow you down. These come and go. You'll find something you like eventually, just keep ****ing around with shit and go out of your element.

Everybody is saying take a break, but I say keep going. Sometimes you get in a little rut, but don't ever let it slow you down. These come and go. You'll find something you like eventually, just keep ****ing around with shit and go out of your element.

Yeah - don't let it beat you or you'll struggle like this again and again... it's a horrid feeling I know, but seriously, don't be defeated.

don't force yourself to produce, you'll get stuck, let the motivation come naturally then boost it by looking at music production videos, experiment with new sounds, create new sounds, listen to other artists or music genres try blend them together with your own twist but the only thing you must NOT do is give up.

I totally understand you. I typically do one (or both) of these things when I have a block:

1.) Step away from the music completely. Take time do something relaxing and fun.

2.) Grab an acapella and remix a song.

new sounds, tutorials on new techniques, using loops from old projects I never finished to make new beats and different combinations.

I always seem to get inspired when I get my hands on some quality new sounds. New sounds in combination with tutorials on new styles usually does it.

Back