roland fantom don't quantize correctly

jacori88

i have a roland fantom-s and i can make some nice beats with it. only problem that i am having is it doesn't quantize on certain beats i try to make the correct way. like take for instance a 3 Six mafia top of track has those rolling high hats, and if i try to do my high hats in my tracks the same way it won't quantize right on the fantom. instead of giving me that one-two-three-one-one it quantize it to a pattern like one-two-three/one-two-three. i know it sounds dumb but i hear music number wise. if you can read music (percussion particularly) the notes i want to get are 16th notes kind of. i tried all the different quantize types(1/4,1/8, 1/12,1/16,etc).

hey mate, if they are all 16th notes, wouldn't 1/16 be in order? not too sure about what pattern you're going for... but yeah if they be 16th notes, then 1/16 would be the one you'd want to use i'd think...

Try adjusting the rate dont quantize to 100% if your using grid maybe 70% or so.

If your using shuffle try adjusting from anywhere from 45% to 65%. Pretty much trial and error till you get the result you want. Then make a note of it and the tempo your using for future reference.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
ditto
but also remember that when you quantize and its not what you want, make sure you undo it before you try to quantize it again or it will quantize your mess up... You may know this already but you would be surprised of how many peolpe dont know to do that...

Back