robot voice

Okichan

i was wondering how that effect was done? that daft punk-ish robot voice. any help would be greatly appreciated.

vocoder i guess?There are tons of plugins on the net and it takes about 5 mins to learn how to use it,you`ll be doin robot voices in no time.

Vocoder; google it and do some research...too much to say here. Also search for "orange vocoder." Its a decent cheap software vocoder that gets the job done.

That Robo voice is A VOCODER mate.
the vocoder is an instrument that combines 2 signals, generaly ur voice as one of the signal and the other signal (carrier wave) would be a synth sound or infact a guitar or what ever you want.
software Vocoders are ok but the frequencies are just a little harder to harness.
I use the MicroKORG thats got a real sweet Vocoder on it and its only £300 which is about $500 not bad!

FlyMuzic said:
That Robo voice is A VOCODER mate.
the vocoder is an instrument that combines 2 signals, generaly ur voice as one of the signal and the other signal (carrier wave) would be a synth sound or infact a guitar or what ever you want.
software Vocoders are ok but the frequencies are just a little harder to harness.
I use the MicroKORG thats got a real sweet Vocoder on it and its only £300 which is about $500 not bad!

Hey I have a question regarding the Microkorg: does the vocoder have a line in mono/stereo jack as well or does it only have a mic jack for the carrier?

There are three ways into the MicroKORG you have the built in condencer mic (which is not to bad realy) and two additional line in's both mono.
The second line can run as OSC 1 thus becoming the carrier wave for the vocoder. But the sweet thing with the External source being used as OSC 1 (you can use a preset wave if you dont want to use this feature) you can realy mess you synth sounds up. Imagine wacking a drum beat or a guitar though as a OSC!
Now things can get creative OR JUST PLAIN SILLY

Back