the rising synth swell in "Jay Sean - Down"

xtoneprod

Hey everyone !
I want to get the rising synth swell . its sound like you are in an airplane “taking off” ..guys if you know a VSTi or any way to get that sound Ill be greatful
Here is the song : "Jay Sean ft. lil wayne - Down"
the synth start in 0:03 and it apears in the transitions between the verses and chorus

Link to the song : youtube.com/watch?v=ECrjk6PzK90

pitch bend synced with the track would be good with a saw wave

i could throw one together if i knew what vst's you use

my mains are z3ta and rapture for sound design

help

can anyone provide more info on how to create this effect or possibly even name some patches in popular VSTs ?

i cant view the video because it has been removed due to copyrights...

but pretty much any vst synth in any daw can do what TMG mentioned..

You open up your synth...choose what wave type(s) you want...as TMG mentioned, say its a saw..So choose the Saw wave as your oscillator's wave type(s).... shape the sound using the ADSR envelopes to your liking...and route some pitch modulation to it.. I'm not familiar enough with Reason to do this, but I'm sure its somewhat similar to other DAWS..

In FL Studio...you can load up the 3xOsc, set up your saw wave(s) to your liking...goto the VOL tab, shape the ADSR envelopes to your liking...then goto the Pitch tab, increase the amount knob with a long attack that matches up to your VOL settings...that way, as you hit a key/note....the long attack makes the pitch shift slower..and thats pretty much it..
Another way you can do it in FL studio, is to repeat what I just said, but right click the Pitch knob, and Create Automation...then in the Playlist editor, tweak the Automation clip to your liking...as the note plays, the pitch will change accordingly to the automation clip.

Theres tons of videos on youtube that explain this kind of stuff too.

@quantum leap....thanks...im using ableton live, but i imagine its the same process...i cant believe i aint just think to do this sooner....THANKS

Back