Remixing with acapella :)!

D

dylanf

hey guys ,
when remixing a song preferrably with vocals , after extracting the acapella can the song be on any key ?

A distinct advantage over an acapella with some backround of original sample compared to just acapella is that yes, it'd work with any key depending on whether or not singing's involved. trickier methods would call for different workarounds as such too.

Alittle curious myself if chipmunk vocals can not be avoided when pitchshifting certain things like soulja boy.

A distinct advantage over an acapella with some backround of original sample compared to just acapella is that yes, it'd work with any key depending on whether or not singing's involved. trickier methods would call for different workarounds as such too.

Alittle curious myself if chipmunk vocals can not be avoided when pitchshifting certain things like soulja boy.

Not sure if I fully understand what you're saying?

My answer would be yes, a vocal is just like any other instrument. That vocal is being presented in certain notes, and those notes belong to a scale. So yes, even if a vocal is stripped of the music, the key signature still remains the same for that vocal.

Not sure if thats what kenkosskang was saying or not but thats my 2 cents.

A little curious myself if chipmunk vocals can not be avoided when pitchshifting certain things like soulja boy.

think it might be possible with a formant shifter which allows you to adjust formant and pitch separately. reaper has a plugin that allows you to do this

Ahp wait wait, researched it via google the autotuners can do that, however reaper does get a plus for having something like that built in.

Last edited:
Back