Reason and Ableton Live

Quite a lot, I think. I just don't know what's considered "tricks" because it seems that people seem to think a lot of stuff is completely magical when it instead is just basic things found in the manual :)

Could you guys be any more specific? It's kinda hard to just dish out some generic hints. I know both programs relatively well...

Well...it's got excellent loop-mangling tools & features, which makes it very easy to mix and match material from various sources.

If you're completely clueless with it, go through all of the tutorials, they're very good and easy to follow. You should be pretty comfortable with most of the important features after completing them.

matthewjames28 say :thats the problem i cant find any tutorials for them and can i actuaklly make a beat in it without loops

You can create a beat in reason with redrum or nn-xt advanced sampler (bouth instruments need samples or refill) or you can create a dr rex loop player and choose
a refill that you like from the reason sound bank and modify it as you like => this is the way in reason
in ableton live you can make only a drum patch as I know ;)

matthewjames28 said:
thats the problem i cant find any tutorials for them and can i actuaklly make a beat in it without loops.

...You can't find the help menu? I meant the built-in tutorials.

There's a lot of ways to make beats in it without loops. Actually, one of the tutorials covers making drum patterns.

Back