Rate your top 3 beat making software

T

The#1beatmaker

go! im interested in what people are using and whats the best for beats

There is no best. There is only what's best for you. I have used (and still continue to use) FL Studio, Reason and Cubase. I love all of them for different reasons... Eventually all my tracks end up in Cubase but if i was to start banging away immediately and just program some drums in a heartbeat i fire up Fruity, thats where my ideas come out the best, Reason too sometimes but not really... I actually use reason the least these days. But Cubase imo is my favorite. It has exactly what i need and I know how to use it. Audio and midi editing couldn't be easier...

definetely fl studio is da best. there aint much u CANT do with it and if you want the ultimate best use cubase or audition with it. reason is 2nd best but things are much more complicated in there like vst-effects and recording. 3rd i would say cubase + kontakt2. you dont have to compromise on sound with that combination.

AndyPhat said:
reason is 2nd best but things are much more complicated in there like vst-effects and recording.

Have you ever used Reason? You definitely have NO VSTi's or VST Effects in reason. Out of all the programs I would say reason could be the least complicated because there aren't an overwhelming amount of external vsti's to make things crazy. What you have is what you get when you work with reason, IMHO reason is the best place to learn about sequencers, automation, sampling, effect sends and inserts, programming synths... If you can master reason you will be ready for any other program. FL Studio is strange though, its a completely different type of program than your traditional sequencer like Cubase, Logic, or Protools. I find that people who start on FL Studio usually never move on to Protools or Cubase because FL Studio is out of the ordinary as far as sequencers go and you have to grasp two different concepts between the two, you could say the same for reason.. I don't know, try them all out find the one you like the best and MASTER it. There is no point in even trying to make music if you don't try to learn the program first.

Last edited:
Sequencer: FL Studio

Wave Editor: Sound Forge

Tracking/Recording/Mixing: Reaper

Pre-Mastering: Sound Forge and a few plug-ins

Why do some of you guys overcomplicate threads with fanboy responses about software??? There is no all in one software be it Reason or FL ... he askes a simple question..lol "YOUR TOP THREE SOFTWARE PROGRAS" which is your opinion of "YOUR" top three ... he didn't ask for "advertisements" of those things..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 - *Massive*
#2 - Reason & FL Studio

(All three together takes up 80% of my memory) but still doesn't slow down.

Recycle for editing and looping samples.
Reason 3 for Midi Sequencing and Arranging. A BAZILLION Refills and Patches.
*Controlled via the Roland Fantom X6 as a Midi conroller and my MPC 1000.
Pro Tools LE for Audio Sequencing, inserting EFX and polishing the track.
* I add layers via my Roland Fantom X6 and my Yamaha Motif ES Rack.

Reason has dope ass sounds and effects. But ultimately the Pro Tools plug ins are far superior. I also have the Wrapper from FXPansion so I can use thousands of FREE VSTs. (Truthfully I rarely use them as the RTAS plug ins I have are phenominal).

I also have Focusrites Liquid Mix. I use that after I group various instruments to give them a shot of EQ and Compression.

*Liquid Mix is highly recommended. (Despite the latency issue it does have. Applying Delay Compensation is a hassle but a needed evil).

Back