This is a rant about glitch.

Ens

By god I love it. But where does the erroneous fit in anymore? It seems and is being used in a more musically rhythmic context in dance/pop music. By no means is this dissatisfying. From simple drum fills moving into glitch, stuttering, whatever you want to call it. I'm not so hip to the lingo whatever. But from a standpoint of a simple drummer that basis a lot of rhythms from odd time sigs to human error and a nice groove. What gives a heart felt rythem? a record skipping? Your cd that was dropped on the ground only for michael jackson to pop out a shadow and do 13 spins on it? is that heart felt? anyways i'll stop with my drunken nonsense. What is anyones thought on the glitch and how it has effected how you perceive music and the direction it's going in? the new drum fill, vocal uncertainty, everything is everything. never mind im to tired to rant...

Last edited:
well i guess next time i should post something like (how do i make glitch?) and get 30 replys telling me to cut up an amen break, only to have it sound just like the original...

Last edited:
Ens said:
well i guess next time i should post something like (how do i make glitch?) and get 30 replys telling me to cut up an amen break, only to have it sound just like the original...

Are you OK?

spliff.jpg

nope.gif

I Thought Your **** Got ****ed Up Like That Lady Or Something...lol @ The Pic Tho... I Like Stutters And I Just Heard Of Venetian Snares With Some Trippy Ass, Err, What Is It... Trance? Something Like That... But Its A Long Ass Live Mix... Its Dope Ass Hell Tho!!!

google dblue glitch good little vst app for what your looking for. also there are a bunch of different reaktor tools that you can use that work even ten times better. I would also check out kvraudio.com, and do a free search for there FSU plugin set, ms pinky does some good stuff as well as ableton in general, but I normally tell people to check out free stuff frist before they go and change there whole set up just to have a couple glitchy moments in a track.

ez,
k

kyle blaque said:
google dblue glitch good little vst app for what your looking for. also there are a bunch of different reaktor tools that you can use that work even ten times better. I would also check out kvraudio.com, and do a free search for there FSU plugin set, ms pinky does some good stuff as well as ableton in general, but I normally tell people to check out free stuff frist before they go and change there whole set up just to have a couple glitchy moments in a track.

ez,
k

That glitch vst is dope I gotta look into recording mixes with it real time as a DJ intrument of sorts via knobs/faders/pads/ect in FL some how I'm pretty sure it's possible I'm not sure how I haven't looked into real time automation type recording yet I guess nows a good time to.

Assuming you can get it in the States, try the Behringer BCR2000. It's by far the best value MIDI controller available IMHO. Also look at the BCF2000 which gives you 8 flying faders and 8 knobs all assignable to pretty much any VST and DAW you like.

See this discussion at audiofanzine.com if you can read a little French. Also see mnml.nl (in English).

straypixel said:
Assuming you can get it in the States, try the Behringer BCR2000. It's by far the best value MIDI controller available IMHO. Also look at the BCF2000 which gives you 8 flying faders and 8 knobs all assignable to pretty much any VST and DAW you like.

See this discussion at audiofanzine.com if you can read a little French. Also see mnml.nl (in English).

I all ready basically have all the knobs and faders I need on my MK-461C 10 buttons 12 knobs 9 faders and 16-32pads on my MPD16. The only MIDI controller I'll probably be getting in the future would be a Vestax VCI-100. Anyways I just gotta figure out how I record the live tweaking of the knobs haven't tried yet I think I'll be able to figure it out easy enough though.

I like some glitch songs. However, some glitch material isn't really music, it's just noise. Other songs have really good percussion, but to the detriment of everything else. But there are some genuinely good glitch songs.

There's a lot of glitch on some internet radio stations. Systrum System, Limbik Frequencies, and Cliqhop all play some of it.

Ens said:
By god I love it. But where does the erroneous fit in anymore?

there are no "errors"

there is no "correct"

there is only zuul

-Lodger

Last edited:
MrHope said:
I like some glitch songs. However, some glitch material isn't really music, it's just noise.

Music is just noise.

If you think about it, nobody has any right to determine what is and isn't 'music'. It is music but the best way of wording it is, it isn't my type of music. lol

As much as I detest most glitch stuff, I can't really say it isn't music. Who defines what is and isn't music?

Is there a difference between 'music' and 'sonic art'?

I'm looking at it as 'sitting on the fence' btw, don't really have an evolved opinion, but there has to be truth in that.

What's Merzbow then? :D

There's a lot of glitch that's glitchy for glitchyness' sake, and that's where it goes wrong - not making stuff to suit the music, but because of the genre they're making. Same thing applies to a lot of other genres as well, in a bit different forms...

And as always, 99% of any genre is usually s*it anyway :)

Yes but if you look at it honestly, there can be no 'right' or 'wrong', and there can't be a division between what is music and what isn't music.

A collection of audio frequencies represented in a way that the listener finds aesthetically pleasing is one way of looking at it, but that still doesn't mean something that isn't pleasing to the human ear, isn't music. It still has to be music.

**** music I guess lol, but music nonetheless!

Back