R&B Chords

Heart_Breaker26

What are some good R&B chords to use. For ex. what chords are used in Chris Brown's " Say Goodbye", Marques Houston's new song, or anything. Thanks

same chords in anything.. its the progressions. read up on some theory because u cant expect anybody 2 throw up some chords.. it wont help you at all.

R&B tends to be very simple:

major & minor triads
sus2 & sus4
major & minor 6ths
major, minor & dominant 7ths, 9ths

But you could've search for "r&b chords" and found that. I've answered that question myself at least a couple of times.

there is no such thing as "rnb chords" ....it's all about how and when you use some chord

these chords that Bezo have listed, are simply the chords, it would be ridicilous to call them ''rnb chords"...however, there is such thing as jazz chords

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say some common chords are

i7, iv7, and v7

if you know theory those are one, four, and five chords that are minor sevenths, you will hear them all over the place...

Does anyone think its funny that everytime someone asks about common chords a bunch of people post some nonsense dancing around the question?
Just tell him some chord progressions that are used in popular songs today
and everyone will be happy. Damn

Balsha said:
there is no such thing as "rnb chords" ....it's all about how and when you use some chord

these chords that Bezo have listed, are simply the chords, it would be ridicilous to call them ''rnb chords"...
You're getting into semantics. I think the point of the post is to give the OP chords that are used in r&b, right?

Balsha said:
however, there is such thing as jazz chords
Hendrix used 7#9 chords all the time... typically a jazz chord. And other rock guitarist have been influenced by that. Does that mean it's no longer a jazz chord?

Lol

Its already stated that there are no such thing as "RnB Chords" Take a basic Music theory class, it will explain a lot about how PROGRESSIONS work. I dont care if I give you 20 chords, if you dont understand "how to place them" ie. ("Progressions") then your music wont sound like you want it to or you will find yourself using the same ones over and over and your music will sound the same.

Does anyone think its funny that everytime someone asks about common chords a bunch of people post some nonsense dancing around the question?
Just tell him some chord progressions that are used in popular songs today
and everyone will be happy. Damn

Why don't everyone make his beats for em, mix em, set up his website, market himself, etc. Lmao

Back