quick question

Ese.Puente

Knower
Does anybody know of some good e-book/s on music composing ? I haven't read anything good in awhile.

Last edited:
Yep, I actually read that one last year, I still have it printed out in my drawer, its a good book.

BTW, do you think I should look for more recent books ? cause I've found some from 2001 - 2003 and I was thinking that they are probably outdated since technology has evolved a lot.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Ese

I have some links that I'll have to dig through and make sure are still working there is a wealth of material out there.

Start here for now: teoría - Music Theory Web

DAMN ! That link is really helpful, good lookin' out man.

Post em here in case you find some more, I'm sure a lot of people would also appreciate it :).

Yep, I actually read that one last year, I still have it printed out in my drawer, its a good book.

BTW, do you think I should look for more recent books ? cause I've found some from 2001 - 2003 and I was thinking that they are probably outdated since technology has evolved a lot.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

DAMN ! That link is really helpful, good lookin' out man.

Post em here in case you find some more, I'm sure a lot of people would also appreciate it :).

It never hurts to read older books, the technology may change but the concepts don't - there hasn't really been a new paradigm in interaction with technology in music making since the invention of the hardware sequencer - even the earliest computer based sequencers (1950's/60's) were fed piano roll like cards to instruct them on what notes to play and when.

More for that neo-soul thing than anything else look at these

A Jazz Improvisation Primer

Jazz Arranging Online - by Prof. Chuck Israels-Northern Sound Source

Jazz Arranging Class | Jazz Arranging Lessons | Big Band Arranging

Back