Question about maj/minor

GoodMoney said:
Why is that u toughht me that in 2 seconds an I went to music teory for 4 semsters an couldn't figure that out lol...

Yo if u could post the rest of the scales like that an either pm it to me or email that would help a whole lot...

Phlames@tmail.com

My fault I ain't read all the post

start on any key you want

W = Whole Step
H = Half step
1.5 = One and a half step

Major: W - W - H - W - W - W - H
Natural Minor: W - H - W - W - H - W - W
Harmonic Minor: W - H - W - W - H - 1.5 - H
Melodic Minor: W - H - W - W - W - W - H

Thanks for that I already knew the major I was havin trouble wit the minors tho. These teachers never give a straight answer. If its not too much trouble, for the minor scales could u post the triads, that's if its not the same 1 3 5 as the majors. If its 1 3 5 then nevermind. Thanks again.

GoodMoney said:
Thanks for that I already knew the major I was havin trouble wit the minors tho. These teachers never give a straight answer. If its not too much trouble, for the minor scales could u post the triads, that's if its not the same 1 3 5 as the majors. If its 1 3 5 then nevermind. Thanks again.

Yeah if your looking at the notes of a minor scale the 3rd is already flattened so you'd do 1-3-5 for the I chord.

You can turn any major chord into a minor chord by flattening the 3rd.

But here's how you can find major and minor chords easily without looking at any scales:

Major: pick a root note, lets say C and go up 4 notes from that and you land on the E which is the second note of the chord then you go up 3 notes and you land on G. Thats the major C chord C - E - G.

Minor: minor chords are almost the same as the above major but instead of going up 4 steps from the root note you go up 3 steps and instead of going up 3 notes from the second note you go up 4 steps.

Back