Question about the changing the key of samples..

thenewbian said:

Here:

thenewbian said:
lets say i make a beat in Dmaj...is it possible that i can take a sample and change the key of the sample to Dmaj so that it will be in key with my beat?

your beat is in "Dmaj"

You asked if it is possible to take a sample and change its key to "Dmaj" so it will be in the same key as your beat.

You asked about whether it is possible to do that with samples, in general. If you want to take a sample that is in a minor key and make it in a matching key with your beat, then YOU MUST SOMEHOW CHANGE IT FROM MINOR TO MAJOR.

So, in order to do what you are asking about, in many many many many cases, YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE YOUR SAMPLE TO MAJOR FROM SOMETHING ELSE (PROBABLY MINOR)

SO, AS AN INHERENT PART OF YOUR QUESTION, YOU ARE ASKING WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE TO CHANGE A SAMPLE TO A MAJOR KEY FROM SOME OTHER NON-MAJOR KEY

If your sample is already in a major key and your beat is in a major key, then you simply pitch it up or down to match your beat.

If your beat is in a major key and your sample is not, then you will have to change it to match (can't be done)

And, chances are, if you cant get the sample to match your beat no matter where you pitch it... that it is probably not in a major key (which means you are out of luck... and which means that the answer to your question in this case is "No, it is not possible"

Don Kartel Ent! said:
Send me a single sample of 1 sound and I 'll change the pitch with ease from a major to a minor.

Hi Don,

I can't wait to hear what you do with the sample. any progress yet? When should we expect to hear the solo guitar chord sample changed from major to minor?

aw man, i read all these pages and debates to end up empty handed!

c'mon now you guys got me all hyped up now, post the results don!

but to my knowledge and understanding this is practically impossible.

I dont think that its possible to change a sample from minor to major cause the interval (minor) would stay the same no matter to what pitch you changed it.

Back