Proof that you can be hot with hardly any equipment

ik1

Whats up FP, I just downloaded the Triforce VST (makes 8 bit sounds), and I just made a quick 16 bar song completely out of this vst. No extra sounds (save mixing). The vst is free, and has 3 synths, Triangle, Square and Pulse. It's all 8 bit though. So here it is. I snare and hi hat sounds are actually great, and the keys/lead is pretty good too. I couldn't really make a good kick. I programmed all the sounds myself.

I just wanted to show that you dont really need to buy (cough...) all those expensive VSTs, when you can do a lot with a few.

What do you guys think of this song melody wise? I actually like it, though if I was going to finalize the beat I'd probably need to fix it up a bit (and obviously fill in the extra verses/choruses/breaks, etc.) I'd probably also get some synth sounds from zeta as well

thanks&peace

Last edited:
Haha, I think it's dope. Seriously. I'm all about creating all the sound you use from scratch. It's more rewarding that way for myself.

The melody is pretty cool, I like the way it flows with the drum beat. It works. Reminds me of some old school gangsta funk ****.

Anyways, I actually just posted up a song I made with only Subtractor's in Reason 3 today. I synthesized every sound in it just like you did. Check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/nickolbagproductions2

It's the Analog Synthesis 1 (duh) song.

nickolbag said:
Haha, I think it's dope. Seriously. I'm all about creating all the sound you use from scratch. It's more rewarding that way for myself.

The melody is pretty cool, I like the way it flows with the drum beat. It works. Reminds me of some old school gangsta funk ****.

Anyways, I actually just posted up a song I made with only Subtractor's in Reason 3 today. I synthesized every sound in it just like you did. Check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/nickolbagproductions2

It's the Analog Synthesis 1 (duh) song.

damn thats chill & mellow :D good work with that too!:monkey:

Back