Production Style - Migos T-Shirt

bousebeats

Dear FPs

2 Questions about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUa99-tJqs

1. There is one basic saw synth with cutoff modulation and also an 808. How can you have two basses playing at the same time and not clashing? It sounds very crisp and awesome because of the melody they play and the combination.

2. What do you think about such minimalistic type beats? I think it's hard to make a beat with very few sounds sound full and it's even harder to make it interesting to listen to for few minutes, but they did a great job with automating the melody cutting off the highs in the hooks.

Have a great day!

Thinking that the 808s and the moog bassline take turns and never actually hit at the same time or overlap. I've thought about using this technique in a beat myself.

1. I'm not an expert or anything but I think there is a way of pulling the synth bass stereo and keep the width of the sound but cutting the middle out for the 808's to come through in mono. I think this technique is often applied using a stereo imager plugin, maybe someone more experienced on the forum can tell you more about what I've just mentioned.

2. I think people tend to overproduce a lot and beats like these leave much room for vocal experimentation which puts the artist in the spotlight, this works when you got someone like quavo who comes up with great melodies. I like it personally, simplicity is way more relatable and authentic then trying to be fancy all the time. Raw emotion gets filtered out when trying to over complicate things.

Back